Sunday, July 7, 2013

Speaking of credit...

I realized I am not giving the Nigerian military enough credit for their offensive efforts as it relates to the crisis in Northern Nigeria. Apparently, such offensives led the militia to driving out the rebels to the mountain/caves of the North from them terrorizing the village towns, markets, etc. So as a result, they retorted to sneaking out of the caves/mountains and burning schools.
(I forgot what news article I read all this in, but this is what I got from it in a nutshell)

Still, this does not excuse the military for their inaction with the children and schools.

& I read today that the Yobe area schools have been shut down until the start of the new term in September.

Interesting quote from today's article: "The refugees, among 6,240 recorded in Niger, indicated they are as scared of the Islamic extremists as they are of the soldiers who are supposed to protect them."

So does this military really deserve any credit?



BolaBijou <3

No comments:

Post a Comment