Monday, July 8, 2013

Quotes of life.

Yup. Yesterday (July 8, 2013) was definitely a quote filled day.

Took a nap & for those that know me, something's up when I take a nap during the day.


Anyway, I woke up really feeling inspired to journal. Like it was dire that I journaled. So I whipped open my pink journal and started writing.

The content of the journal is personal, and is not even today's subject, lol.

So moving on. After journaling my beautiful heart away, I looked at the notes I had written in the past in this journal. & me being the eclectic girl woman that I am, I have the tendency to put random writings in the same journal. In short, my past notes are a mixture of to do lists from sophomore year, sunday sermons from sophomore year, etc. While looking back at these notes, a few quotes stood out to me, so I felt like sharing. Also enjoy a bonus set of quotes from tonight's conversation with my boo Tolu (which explains why I did not blog yesterday. delay tins).

Here we go!

"One cannot live by feelings alone. Seek out what is true and what is not"
                                                                           -from "Tearing Down Strongholds" 

"It's the battle inside that determines who we become"
                                                                              -from "Tearing Down Strongholds"


"I have so much life to live than to live it in fear, despair, and condemnation"
                                                                                 -from "Tearing Down Strongholds"

"Some of us are trying to live out the identity people have stamped on us. Get it back" 
                                                                                   -from a session at BCF Conference 2012

"You've got to be sold out about the product in order to sell it." 
                                                                                   -from a session at BCF Conference 2012 




"I'm created too uniquely to let it all go to waste. ya dig?"  - me, today. 




*Bonus*

"Mother Africa is not pleased" 

"May we not be on line past 24 IJN" 

"Without the power of the box, there would be no Emancipation Proclamation" 

"I feel like our parents are kind of like the Martin Luther King for us African youth in America, and we are letting them down" 

"Lol, you went the highest out of all of us. Reached high. you went down low to be elevated. May we all be elevated  IJN"

"We can't even classify these guys as men....boys!!!" 

Lol good times. good bants. 




BolaBijoux

No comments:

Post a Comment