Thursday, July 4, 2013

& The Jay-Z song was onnnn.....

Jay-Z's album came out today....in all honesty, I'm not interested.  I don't like rap nor do I like the person. Yet, I am extremely attracted to the marketing strategy behind the album.
From the day the album's release date was first announced through the 3-and-a-half minute commercial during halftime of the final game of the NBA Finals (wait, what if there was no Game 7? It would've been back to the drawing board, I guess), which featured the movers and shakers of the music industry (specifically-actually maybe only- speaking about Rick Rubin the demigod, physical features and artistic wise)---I was highly impressed. Not only did the the videographer do a round of applause deserving job, the commercial also  presented an unprecedented phenomenon to the masses --Free streaming of the album on its launch day via a particular phone.
& all this was the result of a deal between Samsung & the guy I don't like.
 I am a fan of all things unique, creative, and different.. that my friends, fit all three categories to a tee. Talk about inspiration.

----

Happy 4th of July, Leute!

I'm not going to lie & say this 4th rocked my socks off....In fact I haven't had a rocking 4th since Blue Ridge (Summer 2010). But as good as my God is, I would be ungrateful if I didn't recognize and acknowledge the good that came out of this day. I became more comfortable driving my pops car, I was good at being vocal, in the evening, I did a bit of "clean up to my area". So yea, Heute wars cool. I also got a (hopefully) nice Shea Moisture product for my hair. excuse me. "Got" doesn't justify my actions, nor does it do justice to the amount of money that left my bank account -- I "invested"in a nice Shea Moisture product for my hair. so hoffentlich, beim Ende des Sommers werde ich die Ergebnisse sehen. Speaking of end of the summer, unless I really have bad memory, I am a bit saddened by the fact that I don't feel as if I have done anything progressive since I have been back "stateside" (as my Americanized twentysomethings Naija FOBS & their imitators -like me- that are still trying to cling  to their roots would say).


Maybe I need to be writing things down but, I am recanting since I've been back---and since then till now (like 3 months)....I've been feeling real stagnant. & the summer is almost over. 3 more weeks for me. Well, I need to stop worrying, complaining, and just do.
This week is not yet over, despite how much tomorrow feels like Monday.
Delay is not denial.
I need to be that retreating ram for the rest of the Summer if I want to attain that state of progress that I truly crave.

Please help me God.

In other news --In a forceful incident, President Morsi has stepped down as Egypt's president.
 #revolutionegypt2013

BolaBijoux.




4th of July day at Blue Ridge Conference Center, NC. 2010. Thanks, Facebook.






                                       



  



No comments:

Post a Comment