Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vapiano's review.

Yesterday evening, I and a few of my coworkers decided to grab some dinner at a restaurant called Vapiano's. It's a fast food Italian restaurant.
When we got to the restaurant, which is located at Potsdamer Platz, I was told by a coworker that had been to the restaurant before, that they give you a card upon entering, and you basically stand in different lines and order up, and they charge it all on your card. I knew from that point, that this would be an interesting experience. So yes, as it turns out, this restaurant is different from your regular ol' Olive Garden in the sense that you wait in line, place your order, and they prepare your order right there in front of you as you are standing. So, needless to say, you wait your turn to get to the front and place your order. Despite how interestingly different this system was, I must say, while standing for like 10 minutes near the cook preparing the meal for the person in in front of me causing me to be able to smell the aroma and therefore increasing my hunger, I was just thinking about how much I preferred the old fashioned sit at a table and be waited on, system. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice though, and by the time I got my food, (I ordered the Funghi Pasta....only because it's similar to my name. I didn't know what else to choose, so I was left with taking that route....Not a bad choice!) I was just ready to sit somewhere and enjoy my 6 Euro 25 cent worth of food. Which brings me to the money part. Definitely one of the things that has me a bit perturbed about eating there last night. Despite how the food was good, it definitely could've been a  more reduced price. Like reduced by 2 Euro 25 cent. The portion was not worth the money, and the meal was meatless. It also was not even a meal, seeing how I wasn't given complimentary garlic bread. So ya, definitely not worth the amount I paid. 
But my dish was good!
 I ordered a Funghi- Austernpilze, Champignons, Sahnesauce ( oyster mushroom, mushroom, and creamsauce). 
Once I added olive oil to that thing, man, it was hittin'!!!

So I did enjoy my food, but I really wish I had a larger portion (& it had meat!!!), or paid less (either one would've been fine.)
 
The place also had a nice ambience to it. Great for a night on the town, date night, or just hanging out with your coworkers, as I did!


Overall rating: 3.5 
 
I see from their website, that they're also located in DC, so if any of my DMV people want to check it out  for themselves check out http://www.vapianointernational.com/vapiano/ for more details. 

The different stations where one orders. Source:online




-OB <3

P.s.- That picture slideshow is coming soon, promise! I know y'all are probs tired of seeing paragraphs upon paragraphs of info.


#Iammorethanaconqueror through my Savior, Jesus Christ. [Romans 8:37]

No comments:

Post a Comment