Sunday, June 18, 2023

Spark.

Today begins my 30 day blogging/journaling challenge. Today was a bit uneventful. It's Father's Day (the only parental celebratory date that every country *that I have ties to* agreed on....Mother's day cannot relate at all). 

I have decided on my summer goals (which is fodder for tomorrow's entry, stay tuned). 

 Also, I had a nostalgic ride back home from HTX this morning. Burna Boy's 'L. I. F. E' was at the center of such nostalgia. Even dabbled into some tunes from his tape prior to this debut album. That year in uni, 10+ years ago in my red VW Beetle my june bug . Just jamming to said tunes. Those years, those feels! 


 Even with L.I.F.E, I knew exactly where I was 10 years ago when the album dropped. I even made an instagram post about 'Don't Run' because of how relatable that track was to me at the time. At 21, I felt like I was still trying to figure out where I fully belong (long and short) and the track talked about staying put despite what happened. 


Anyway, fast forward 10 years later, I fully understand the message behind the track a bit more now. Just don't lose yourself, period. Thanks, Damini. 

 Things that sparked joy today: 
 - the nostalgic album listen + 2017 odunsi
 - finished my first summer read 
- took a walk in my neighborhood + met a neighbor (hi, ms lola apparently she had a Haitian neighbor named funmi who taught her how to steam fish. cool) 

- no one has taken my name url www.funmioke.com 

 xo tito

No comments:

Post a Comment