Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Summer games.

Back to work today, so the day felt administrative at best. Literally got nothing else but work done.


as promised though, I will share how making friends, socializing, and dating has been so far in Dallas.


Since I’m 30+ , I am done with experimenting with company I keep. I’ve therefore approached the scene with intention, knowing exactly what I am looking for in comraderie and companionship. So, in quality over quantity terms (and also because I spend a lot of my time sorting out house things), I’ve really been taking the Dallas social scene in stride. 


I am looking forward to a meet up that my sister-in-law told me about happening Saturday. It’s funny because I only recently started praying to get more involved in the Dallas community (don’t even get me started on the thing I signed up for at my job earlier today). A constant reminder that God is listening to me even when I don’t feel like He is.

(also big up the texas friends I’ve kept in touch with prior to this move, our reconnecting has been bliss) 


The only full stop thing I’ll say about dating is, I doubt i’ll ever subscribe myself to the “play hard to get” handbook, because my job and ongoing life projects are already demanding as it is, so why put myself (or other person) through ridiculous hurdles? 

I look forward to meeting someone that feels the same way, no games attached, and sees the bigger picture instead. & to those that say “well people dont value things they don't work for” … the thought of the person losing me should be enough to keep them on their toes, no matter what. if it  isnt enough, it wasnt meant to be.

Partnership over playing games, always. 

xo tito


Things that sparked joy today

- I took a walk at Cole Park today and walked into a community of tennis players (Cole Park Tennis). Once I improve my skills, ill look into playing with them.

- the drive from my house to Cole Park. Driving across a landscape really helps me clear my thoughts



No comments:

Post a Comment