Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sound Saturday.

In honor of Consistent Returns,

It's Sound Saturday!

*Music plays a more than normal important role in my life. People around me observe that I'm constantly singing (the first time it was brought to my attention was when I went to visit my aunt in Bracknell, and her Serbian househelp --I wanted to ask her about the Bosnian genocide so bad, but I forgot which side her people were on---commented that I was always singing). I literally cannot conduct any work without having some sort of sound in the background. I'm a dancer. So it's only right (might not do it justice, though) to use this segment of by blogging career to highlight this seminal aspect of my life. So every sound Saturday will highlight a song, songs, or music video that I am enjoying, can't get enough of, moves me, "shack's my brain". & no genre is safe from my vigilant song veneration tendencies.  I like anything that sounds good  to me at the given point in time. As vague as this sounds, that is literally my music taste.*


So today's sound Saturday goes to.....



Orente x Adekunle Gold. 


I've always been a fan of this song, not only because of its influx of Yoruba traditional beats, but also because of the message behind it. The YBNL artist, Adekunle Gold, has always been the one to paint the picture of realistic love in his music, and this one is no exception. To summate the message, he basically states that he is down for a lady that is not necessarily with him for financial security, and is also comfortable with whatever they both may have, no matter how large or small it is. This is also my idea of love/relationships, in the sense that money/finances should not be the driver. Hence why I couldn't agree more with the song, such agreement turning into repetitively pressing the play button on my phone. & of course, he shouts me out  towards the end. 


*Bolatito l'orente oo*

Thank you, Adekunle. 

The video is quite nice as well. I specifically enjoy the scenes where he just stares into the camera & the lady pops up from different angles. She playfully bothers him, but he is unbothered. I also appreciated the settings of some the scenes in the video. Apparently these scenes are natural landscapes in Osun State. Kudos to the promotion of ecotourism within Nigeria!


Hold on to your 'Orente', whoever they may be. They're a keeper! 
  *let's pretend the term is gender-neutral for this admonition*


Olu
Fun


Funmi'ism - Don't mistakenly awaken love for the sake of mere attraction; and remember that it lies not in what you say, but rather in your action. 





No comments:

Post a Comment