Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fa Mulan. Sai Funmi.

Watching Mulan (1998) is inspiring at its best, yet it feeds/fed into my procrastinating proclivities. I knew better, but the "heroic, Mulan using her sense to create a sweeping avalanche" scene was captivating - I thus ended up watching the rest of the film, witnessing (for the 110th time) Mulan single-handedly defeating the villain and his terrorist cohort, the Han.

 In as much as there are ethos & themes in the film that may cause feminists and the like to raise their eyebrows and wag their fingers, one cannot deny how perfect this film is for the agenda of inspiring females. Mulan, the main character, is a true embodiment of an organic balance of femininity and wit. Two things that females should realise they possess, control, and can use at their disposal. I also cannot help but see Mulan in me.
Her bold, especially.



As Mulan's father said, "The flower that blooms the latest is the most beautiful of them all".

 Which Disney character do you feel resembles you?


Olu
Fun.


 P.S. - Apologies that this blogpost is a bit shorter, and not as thought through. I am not in the best spirits right now. Duly thank the guy that currently has my heart on a stake, ready to be burned (I am in denial about the fact that it has already charred).


 P.P.S - I will make a separate blog about how I connect with the film personally, when the time is right. Amen!?!

 "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most cherished of them all"- Emperor in Mulan


No comments:

Post a Comment