Sunday, December 13, 2015

Liebe in Bamberg

Love in Bamberg.


It is by the grace of  God.....is the name "tagline" or hashtag that I have been pondering over since the thought came to me while showering. Swear, that I get my best thoughts in the shower. Just swear.

All that I have gone through this year  has literally been by the grace of God.

The good and the bad.


It is by the grace of God that 2015 began with Funmi finding her way to church just before the New Year, even though the devil almost tried to block her blessing through the bus taking her in the wrong direction.

It is only by the grace of God that I turned 23 & was able to share it in the most loving and caring environment & in such an amazing city that has a special place in my heart - London.

It is only by the grace of God that I successfully worked and made money to purchase a return ticket home for the summer.


It is only by the grace of God that I volunteered with the British Red Cross' refugee services at a very crucial period in Europe, with it having to manage the influx in migrating persons.


It is only by the grace of God that I submitted my Masters dissertation.


It is only by the grace of God that I learned the art of femininity and got more into being a woman.

It is only by the grace of God that through dealing with a broken heart, I learned the meaning of true love and cherish those that I express it to who also reciprocate such feelings.


It is only by the grace of God that I am alive today and have hope for my tomorrow.

When all is said and done, alas...it is truly only [By the Grace of God].

#BTGOG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a few things differently today.

I saw love differently:
-"sometimes our heart can lead us astray, it even talks about that in the Bible" -Elizabeth
- Friendship that goes above and beyond.
-disconnecting and reconnecting to realise the importance of loving myself.
-the chocolate shavings in my "hot chocolate"


I saw Bamberg differently:
On the way to church today, we passed by the former American military barracks:  Warner Army Barracks. It recently closed down (2014), and the territory turned over to the German government. Still I find it quite interesting that as I was walking by, I felt like my mindset towards this city was all of a sudden corrupted, infiltrated by the very fact  that America had once been here. Not sure if it was a good or bad feeling ( well since I used the term "corrupted" to describe my feelings, I guess one can say 'bad').

I am slowly starting to see my life differently:
That is all, amen!?!




What things did you see differently today & what are your #BTGOG's ?


I'd love to hear from you all.



Firstladyfunmi
OluFun
bolaxbijou

No comments:

Post a Comment