Sunday, March 15, 2015

Gradual Transformative Change x distant admirations.

"sometimes, I fail to show my appreciation / Thank you Lord."

Just a few minutes ago, I visited the Google webpage, and as is the norm, today's Google Doodle was just lovely. I admired it of course - yet, I noticed an aspect of my reaction that differed greatly from my reaction to previous Google Doodles: this time around, I distantly admired the Google Doodle.

Distantly admire: to take an object for what it is, without any impulse to emulate it or attempt to recreate it. Your reaction to that object thus shifts from aspiring participatory or creator status, to that of simply appreciating its existence. It's not every day that one should aspire to be a part of something or some project; sometimes just appreciate.

This is one of the first times that this has ever been the term to describe my reaction, and for this I am grateful.

This reaction is much needed, as I am slowly by His grace getting to that point where I have to start deciding to which activity/engagement is best for me to exert my energies into. a raison d'etre, as it were.

A true typology, speaking on behalf of the as we speak change that is slowly becoming visually apparent ( me blogging about this change is my attempt at non-aggrandizement of this change that I speak of).

Also, Dad came through my city this past week, and it was a wonderful experience, being able to hang out with him in this more mature and more positive state. He also affirmed me in the "work that God has started" (please disconnect this last phrase from any past clichéd statement that you've heard in the past that includes this. Please. And if you cannot, my sincerest apologies). We  discussed a few pressing current issues, such as Africa's gradual dilapidation due to it's ever-growing stark Dependencia. He does not have any more hope for the continent, and to be sincere, I think my hat is slowly coming off as well, with that of 'stability' to take its place (for a whole host of reasons mate, including the historical, cultural, and social characteristics of many countries within that continent that cause to ship to sink even before it sails, and also because of the external influences that require policy changes from the countries and institutions that have relations with the continent... alright obviously this explanation is looking as if it could stand strong as its own blog post, so I'll move on, with intention of creating one concerning this in the near future.

So moving on,

Actually that is it.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other distant admirations:
- mirrorme.me
- Don Jazzy's verse in "Gift" (Iyanya x Don Jazzy)
- BattaBox
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to work on this week:
-Consistently writing
-Absolve myself from  profligate spending x going to shops.
-Being on task.
-Knowing what I want.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Funmiism -There are different lanes on the highway for a reason ( well, some highways); Winter  never interferes with Summer's season.


one words: semi awkward, not comfy after church meet me's  | The tablets are working? | German quiz night for the win x awon latecomers | silifa | late night cook paroles | Red cross x dad |

Have a wonderful week everyone and make it blessed, babe (Brum accent).

No comments:

Post a Comment