Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Series I: The Best of Atlanta







*sings* "ATL Georgia, what can we do fo' ya?" 

Generic aesthetically pleasing shot courtesy of TripAdvisor


Atlanta, GA 
aka. Hotlanta. home of the Braves. The Varsity. Georgia peaches. Airport city. Black metropolis. Real Housewives. Good ol' Southern hospitality. Dirty bird. Grady Baby. millennial progressivism. Gentrification. Martin Luther King. (Baptist) church haven. Ethnic group pockets. Trap music. Music Music Music. Hispter hopping. CNN. 1996 Olympic nostalgia. Family Friendly question mark. Educated & Professional Primal. Chick-fil-A. Auburn Avenue. Falcons. Hawks. Traffic. Jimmy Carter 

& The list goes on.....


But do you really know Atlanta? 

Journey with me as I explore the "Best of Atlanta" and its outliers. 

It's going to be fun. 


Here's what I have on my list so far: 

Atlanta Beltline &  Ponce City Market & Krogg St. Market 
High Museum of Art 
Atlantic Station 
The Parks of Atlanta --- Piedmont, Freedom, etc. 
Top Golf
Decatur Edition: Candler Rd. (my ends)  & Decatur Beach Party 
Stone Mountain Edition: Stone Mountain Park 
Athens Edition: AthFest
Civil & Human Rights Museum 
Coca-Cola World 
Georgia Aquarium 
Underground Atlanta
Centennial Olympic Park 
N. Highland Avenue 
Fox Theatre 
Little 5 points & Edgewood Plaza - personal fav. 
The Universities - Georgia State, Emory, Georgia Tech
Auburn Avenue 


As one can see, these are the blatantly obvious attractions of Atlanta, with some anomalies/special events here and there. 

My goal, though, is to find some hidden gems within or around these locations/at these special events. Of course, food places would be the most easy hidden gems to discuss in the posts, but  I look forward to sharing art as well.


The first post regarding the Atlanta Beltline is my most favorite. With it being the pioneer post, I will be pouring my heart and soul & putting my best creativity into it. All the other posts can fall by the wayside (I'm only joking.) 


                   Seriously though, the Atlanta Beltline is my favorite attraction so far. 


Stay tuned to see why....



Bola x



P.S - Suggestions, comments, "I want to join in!"'s are welcome. Just hit my line or comment below.








Yeen Know?*


Atlanta is actually the state of Georgia's 5th capital. Savannah, Augusta, Louisville, and Milledgeville once held the titles. 





*Yeen Know - Black argot for "You Didn't Know?". I will be using this phrase for my "did you know"'s, just to stay true to the 'atlanta' I know :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment