Thursday, June 2, 2016

Happiness.

Get excited! Best of Atlanta blog series continues tomorrow! New post up at 6 pm! 


& it's about the Atlanta Beltline! 

For now, let's do a bit of talking, about happiness. I was not in best spirits from the time which I woke up till about 3:30 - 4pm today (when I actually finished cleaning my room). I mean I was in a  deep funk, for reasons unbeknownst to me. It is a part of what ladies go through I guess, when it is that time of the month. In addition to that, I had strong feelings of not being good enough or not living up to my full potential when it comes to my endeavours and the things which I lay my hands on. To be quite honest and transparent, I think we all feel that way at times. As human beings that have a brain, we are always prone to comparing ourselves to our neighbors, friends, and nowadays, that next picture that pops up on your Instagram/snapchat/facebook feed. Sigh, the feeds. The feeds can feed you with really unwanted feelings  if you do not put those feelings in check. Now that the funk is over though **sings* the storm is over noowww*, I think it is quite appropriate to make a list of the things that make me happy. I encourage you to do the same, as it is a possible remedy, a medicine, a pill for when the feels comes from the feeds or whatever source.


Here are a few of the things that  make me happy:



Cupcakes


via GIPHY


Christianity 


via GIPHY


Afrobeats



via GIPHY


Laughter




via GIPHY


Beauty & Wellness



via GIPHY




Like I said, these are just a few! If you're interested in knowing more, feel free to check out my post from the final quarter of 2015, here.


I encourage you all to actually make a note of the things that make you happy as well, fervently rushing towards those things when the funk hits the fan, literally.


Also, i'm not necessarily a pusher of "do what makes you happy"  because that really gives room for doing almost anything, like physically attacking someone that crossed you over, just because it would make you "happy".....



......But all things considered, really guard your happiness. You have control over it. No one else. Nothing else.


Bola x





No comments:

Post a Comment