Saturday, February 23, 2013

They say the best way to learn a language is to sleep with it.

& by sleeping with it,  I mean having sex with a person that speaks the language of which you're trying to learn. 


Of coure, this saying is not mean to be taken literally, it's supposed to be a crude humor type joke that relates to becoming more fluent in a language you're learning as a result of being in a relationship with someone that speaks the language you're trying to learn. But it can also mean sleeping with the person, as here in Europe, sex is like peeing, everyone does it. sex & PDA. That's another blog post, for another day (when I'm fully recovered from my Berlinale experience & am ready to talk about it.) Thank God for being washed in the blood. 

Aannnny way. 

Back to the joke. 

I've heard this joke from to people already. 

The first person is my landlady. She is mad fluent in english....why? she dated and had a baby with her english teacher. go figure. 

The second was this guy from Madrid that I met while on a tour of the Reichstag. He learned German due to his relocating to Berlin "because of love" (to put it in his own words). Go figure. 

well since I'm not about that life, 

I will just go ahead and improve my fluency the old fashioned way: 

Speaking it with a friend  [check]




Reading a book [check]





watching a T.V. comedy series [check]










needless to say,  I hope that y'all can "come see me" [look at how much I've improved] by the end of my stay here. 3 months is definitely not enough time, but what is impossible with God? 

Challenge on. 



-OB <3

For nothing is impossible with God
Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment